[ome-users] OMERO-CellProfiler: too many open files --> OMERO-Matlab: file descriptor leak

b.gerritsen at nki.nl b.gerritsen at nki.nl
Fri May 29 17:19:03 BST 2009

Dear all,

It looks like my previously reported error is a file descriptor leak that is limited to matlab-java. There are no problems when repetitively creating omero sessions in python or java. In fact calling the "omero.client" function in matlab is enough to create file descriptors that will not be closed (not even after running the java garbage collector). The problem persists also when Matlab uses a different jvm from the default (in my case I tried OpenJDK 6.0).

Example matlab code that produces the exception:
---

for i=1:300, omero.client('localhost', 4063)
end

---

Thanks in advance for your support!
Bram Gerritsen