[ome-users] Cannot Initialize the Django settings database (fwd)

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Thu May 28 17:34:31 BST 2009

Hi Bernie,

Is it possible you have home directory permissions issues?

sudo -u apache -s
ls -al /home/omero/omero_dist/lib/python

To avoid this problem:

Run the "syncdb" as the "omero" user.

chown -R omero /home/omero/weblog /home/omero/webdb
python manage.py syncdb

And then chown the directories recursively afterwards:

chown -R apache:apache /home/omero/weblog /home/omero/webdb

I'm in the middle of adjusting the documentation to avoid this little
slip up and to add Mathieu's comment about SELinux.

Ciao.

-Chris