[ome-users] OMERO4 migration from OMERO3; WebAdmin login issue

Susan Wilson smwilson at hpc.unm.edu
Wed May 20 20:39:18 BST 2009

Hi,

Here is what I have done to migrate from 3 -> 4.

I dumped the omero3 database and duplicated it into my omero4
database.  I then ran the sql/psql/OMERO4__0/OMERO3A__11.sql against
it.  Owner of both databases is omero.

I also duplicated the repository directory /OMERO into /OMERO4 and
made /OMERO4 my new repository.

omero at myserver:~/omero-Beta4.0.3$ bin/omero config get
omero.db.name=omero4
omero.db.pass=omero
omero.db.user=omero
password=omero4

Server starts fine.  Clients seem to be OK, although my users have to
let me know if all is well.  I can certainly see them when I log in
to the insight application as my test user (who existed in omero3) and
do a switch user - they are all there.

My problem is that I cannot seem to login to the WebAdmin interface as
the admin user.  I can login as my test user, but that user has no
permissions.  So I know it's working, but I can't login.

Have tried all the usual suspects - all combinations of root/admin/ome/
omero with passwords omero/omero4, etc.

Thanks.
Susan