[ome-users] Flex File Format

Ghislain Bonamy GBonamy at gnf.org
Wed May 6 23:53:43 BST 2009

Chris,

Thanks for the detailed answer. I thought that with OMERO.fs, there
would be a way to import data into OMERO without duplicating of the
pixel data
(http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/documents/data-management/omero4/ser
ver/fs). Perhaps it has not been implemented yet (if not implemented how
far along is it). Or perhaps I am missing something.

Currently our institutes generates ~6Tb of image data per month. You can
see how duplicating the data would be an issue. I am sure this problem
will arise for anyone running HTS projects. Therefore, the ability to
link the database to the pixel data would be extremely useful.

Best,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
Research Investigator

Genomic Institute of the
Novartis Research
Foundation
Department of Molecular & Cell Biology, room G214
10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive
San Diego CA 92121
USA

+1 (858) 812-1534 (W & F)
+1 (757) 941-4194 (H)
+1 (858) 354-7388 (M)
www.gnf.org

Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology
www.hudsonalpha.org