[ome-users] icegridnode: failure occurred in daemon

Bernhard Holländer bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 15:51:05 BST 2009

Hi Yves and Josh!

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 4:30 PM, <josh.moore at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Yves,
>
> Thanks for the logs! At the bottom of your Blitz-0.log there's the
> line:
>
>  Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: permission denied
>  for relation seq_table
>
> Did you create the database with "-O omero", and if not, did you set
> the omero.db.user configuration value: "bin/omero config set
> omero.db.user SomebodyElse"
>
> If that's not the issue, perhaps it's the password. Try:
>
>  psql -h YOURDBHOST -U YOURDBUSER YOURDBNAME
>  Password:
>
> Until that works, the server won't be able to start. You might see:

I just wanted to mention that the login ability is not enough. If the
seq_table is not owned by the user you are using to connect to the db,
you will still get an "permission denied" exception. I recently have
seen this, when migration some test db owned by a different user to
another db user account. You should try the following to verify the
accessibility:
psql -h YOURDBHOST -U YOURDBUSER YOURDBNAME -c "select * from seq_table;"

Cheers! Bernhard