[ome-users] OMERO Beta4.0.x Status

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jun 22 07:08:31 BST 2009

Dear All

Just a quick update on our progress.

Those of you using our Beta 4.0.3 clients may have noticed that some
file formats, especially Zeiss LSM510 and Leica LEI , are causing
crashes on import. This is due to a mistake on our part- our thanks to
all those who logged bugs on this.  The details have been very
helpful.  We have this fixed, and are now testing a new version of
OMERO.importer.  We are also fixing a a number of small metadata
issues we have found.  This has brought to light a number of
complexities about supporting multi-channel formats.  More on this in
a later email, probably in the next 7-10 days.

In addition, we've put up a new tools for user and developer support--
the OME Forums.  They are linked off the Community tab from http://openmicroscopy.org
, or for those of you that use bookmarks, see

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/

Note that you must log in to post-- this is to prevent spam.  This is
just like registering for these email lists, and as always, we keep
the user data private and don't use them for any other purpose.  For
the moment, these are an experiment.  We'll keep these email lists and
the Forums going, and see what people like.  Please use whatever
resource you like, and let us know which you prefer  (you could even
start a thread on the Forums about whether we should use them!).
Please note we CANNOT duplicate threads in both locations, so a full
view of what's going on will require you to keep an eye on both
places.  We know this is a bit of a pain (since we have to mind both
of them!).  If we see the Forums taking off, like we hope, we'll move
most of our community work there.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers,

Jason