[ome-users] Insitutional Resources for OMERO

glaurie at virginia.edu glaurie at virginia.edu
Wed Jun 17 13:54:02 BST 2009

I would appreciate comments on the level of institutional resources
required to maintain OMERO.

I am trying to convince folks here at the University of Virginia that
OMERO is worthwhile and would be much appreciated.  Below are some
Emails from our IT people who have been checking out OMERO.

Gordon.

Gordon,
>       I reviewed some of the information at the Harvard site.  I am
>more concerned now than before.  It looks like they installed the
>product around March 05 and have dedicated resources to the product
>support since then.  If you wish for us to continue to look into the
>possibility of installing this product then I need to be able to
>assign one of my staff to the project to do an investigation.  It is
>certainly a powerful product and I am sure it would benefit you in
>your work, but it appears to be a complex application and could be
>very expensive to setup and support.  Funding for all hardware and
>software support to get this application in and running, as well as,
>future support costs would have to come from your area annually so I
>suggest we really understand the future cost potential.
>
>Thanks.
>Lindsay

Hi Gordon,

--