[ome-users] Omero.web on a macX server

Alex Sossick ajs17 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jun 15 11:45:26 BST 2009

Dear All

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions installing omero.web on a mac
Xserver. 10.5.7 I have hit a wall, basically ICE is a 32bit app, and the web
server server on the Mac Xserver is a 64 bit app.

I have a solution in that I can install apache and mod_python using mac
ports and not use the apple installed webserver, though I would rather use
the apple installed webserver if possible.

Below is what I have done so far

Thanks

Alex

So far I have worked out that to use the Web server installed on the Xserve
you need to down load and install the very latest mod_python,

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/quetzalcoatl/mod_python/

In the httpd.conf file when you add the Location info, you also need to add
to the PythonPath where python is,

PythonPath
/opt/Ice-3.3/python'

<Location "/">
    SetHandler python-program
    PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
    SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE omeroweb.settings
    PythonDebug On

    PythonPath "['/usr/share/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/',
'/usr/share/omero/omero_dist/lib/python/omeroweb', '/opt/Ice-3.3/python'] +
sys.path"

</Location>

--
Alex Sossick
Wellcome Trust/Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute

email ajs17 at cam.ac.uk
tel 01223 334082