[ome-users] more detailed install docs?

b.gerritsen at nki.nl b.gerritsen at nki.nl
Fri Jun 12 09:56:16 BST 2009

Hello Björn,

Concerning ICE on  Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron) I've noticed that it is possible to use the ICE 3.3.0 packages for Ubuntu Jaunty. Using these I've successfully installed and run Omero Beta 4.0.2 on my 64-bit Ubuntu 8.0.4 system. See website below for the ICE packages:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+source/zeroc-ice/3.3.0-14ubuntu1

On the right you will find ICE builds for different architectures.

Cheers and good luck,
Bram Gerritsen