[ome-users] Webadmin issues

Alexandra Tarkowska aleksandrat at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Jul 31 11:02:23 BST 2009

Hi Stefan

On 31 Jul 2009, at 09:23, Stefan Dürrenberger wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm trying to setup OMERO users but I have a few issues with webadmin:
>
> - I'm not able to edit a scientist without changing his/her
> password. If
> I leave the fields empty, the password is set to something I don't
> know
> and I can't log in anymore. I think it should only change the password
> if the fields are not blank.
> I tried Firefox 3.0.12 and the latest chromium on Ubuntu 9.04.

Problem with editing user is known and is fixed, but it is only
available in our repository. It will be released in 4.1.
If you would like to try the fixed version please:
  - stop the server,
  - back up the existing client on '/your_omero_dir/lib/python/
omeroweb',
  - go to 'cd /your_omero_dir/lib/python'
  - delete 'omeroweb' directory,
  - check out the new client:
          svn export -r 4593 http://svn.openmicroscopy.org.uk/svn/omero/branches/Beta4.0/components/tools/OmeroWeb/omeroweb
  omeroweb
Now you should have the new client in place.

> - If I edit a user and leave the field for "Institution" empty, it
> saves
> a username from another user into this field.

Let me check what can be wrong.

> - Also there is no way to delete groups and trying to delete a user
> throws an exception. I found this is already addressed in ticket 547
> and
> 1327.
>

> Sidenote: It would be very useful to be able to filter the scientists
> list by groups.

Good point. Thanks

Thanks
Ola