[ome-users] .mrc file import into omero

Daniel James White white at mpi-cbg.de
Mon Jul 13 10:49:15 BST 2009

On Jul 12, 2009, at 1:28 PM, Christoph Best wrote:

> Hi Daniel and Quentin,
>
> from which software do you get the MRC files? As Matt explained, what
> useful metadata they contain depends heavily on that, on most
> microscope
> software does not use MRC as a native format. This is for
> tomography? If
> it is just the output from IMOD, I'd think your only useful metadata
> item is the pixel size.

maybe , but what about all the instrument parameters from the original
data?

Maybe you dont care.... ,maybe you do ,? Quentin?

cheers

Dan

> And yes, we plan to work on improving the integration of EM data in
> OMERO, and would be especially happy to hear from people who already
> use
> OMERO successfully in EM.
>
> -Christoph
> --
> | Dr Christoph Best      <best at ebi.ac.uk>           http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~best
> | Project Leader Electron Microscopy Data Bank, PDB Europe
> | European Bioinformatics Institute, Cambridge, UK
> +44-1223-492649

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
01307 DRESDEN
Germany

+49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
+49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
+49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)

http://www.bioimagexd.net 	BioImageXD
http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de Fiji 	Fiji is just ImageJ - Batteries Included
http://www.chalkie.org.uk