[ome-users] .mrc file import into omero

Paulo Almeida palmeida at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Jul 10 13:05:36 BST 2009

On Friday 10 July 2009 12:29:23 Will Moore wrote:

> Your options will be to either create some structured annotations for
> the various pieces of metadata, or to attach a text file with the
> metadata to images.
> These approaches may work on a small scale, but would not scale well
> to large numbers of images.

That might scale relatively well (as well as possible with the current model)
if there is a way to automatically export the metadata from the .mrc files
and a way to link that data to the image files when importing (either as
structured annotations or attachments). It may be too complex for the GUI,
but in the command line it would be fairly trivial to program a script to do
it. (Again, as long as it is easy to export the metadata in an automatic and
organized fashion).

I don't know if it is already possible to attach files to images when
importing. That might be an useful feature in general, although perhaps a bit
redundant with the scripting capabilities already present in OMERO.

- Paulo