[ome-users] .mrc file import into omero

Daniel James White white at mpi-cbg.de
Fri Jul 10 11:10:58 BST 2009

Hi Bjorn,

Well, the point is that bio-formats reads the electron microscopy
format .mrc
but OMERO.import does not.

I dont know if its supposed to or not,
or if there is some way i can add support by turning it on on the
server,
or by working out how to do it and submitting a patch.

Users don't want to convert gigabytes of .mrc files to tiff before
they put them in OMERO
and lose all the meta data in the process!

Maybe its a more general question....
does OMERO.import aim to work for all data file types that bio-formats
can read, or just a subset of those?

cheers

Dan

dan at chalkie.org.uk