[ome-users] .mrc file import into omero

Björn Quast bquast at evolution.uni-bonn.de
Fri Jul 10 10:59:09 BST 2009

Hi Dan,

I guess you mean .mrc files from imod (http://bio3d.colorado.edu/imod/).
Perhaps you can save them as one multilayer tif-file with imagej or export the
layers as single tif-files by using the command line, mrc2tif <mrc-file>
<basename_for_tif-files>.

You can reconvert the tifs to mrc with tif2mrc. But I am not sure if this all
helps you, if you want to keep your metadata with the mrc-files.

cheers

Björn

Am Freitag, 10. Juli 2009 11:26:20 schrieb Daniel James White:
> Hi All,
>
> I see bio-formats reads .mrc files from electron microscopy,
> but OMERO.import doesnt seem to like them?
> They are not in the list of acceptable file types.
>
> Can i add .mrc somehow?
>

> cheers
>
> Dan
>
> Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
> Senior Microscopist / Image Visualisation, Processing and Analysis
> Light Microscopy and Image Processing Facilities
> Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics
> Pfotenhauerstrasse 108
> 01307 DRESDEN
> Germany
>
> +49 (0)15114966933 (German Mobile)
> +49  (0)351 210 2627 (Work phone at MPI-CBG)
> +49  (0)351 210 1078 (Fax MPI-CBG LMF)
>
> http://www.bioimagexd.net 	BioImageXD
> http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de Fiji 	Fiji is just ImageJ - Batteries Included
> http://www.chalkie.org.uk
> dan at chalkie.org.uk
> ( white at mpi-cbg.de )

Dr. Björn Quast
Universität Bonn
Institut für Evolutionsbiologie und Ökologie
53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228/735758   email: bquast at evolution.uni-bonn.de