[ome-users] PYTHONPATH

John Wallach jmwallach at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:39:17 GMT 2009

Hi again,

Just read the rest of the thread, two points (one pedantic):

1. Did you install on OS X with macports? Make sure that the directories you
are adding to your PYTHONPATH variable exist, ie run "ls
/usr/local/lib/python" in a shell and make sure the directories you are
adding are present.

2. Will is right, it's been awhile since I wore my sysadmin hat and I messed
up the order of .bashrc and .bash_profile. Edit .bash_profile or just
.profile since those are processed when the shell is invoked
non-interactively while .bashrc is not.

Speaking of that, does anyone have startup scripts for omero? If not would
it be useful to add them to the package?
Cheers,
jmw