[ome-users] Regarding OME Server Installation

Kent Nasveschuk knasveschuk at mbl.edu
Tue Sep 16 20:47:31 BST 2008

Hi Sriram,

I have no experience with FC8. I switched to CentOS which closely
follows RedHat.

Current server:
Dell PowerEdge SC1420
Cerc SATA 1.5/6 ch Adaptec Raid, (5) 250GB drives raid 5
2GB ram
Single Xeon processor 2.8Ghz
Perl rpms installed using yum and rpmforge repository (some are
dependencies):

perl-Crypt-PasswdMD5-1.3-1.2.el5.rf
perl-Jcode-2.06-1.el5.rf
perl-Net-XMPP-1.02-1.el5.rf
perl-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.32-1.el5.rf
perl-Digest-MD5-File-0.06-1.el5.rf
perl-UNIVERSAL-exports-0.05-1.el5.rf
perl-DBI-1.605-1.el5.rf
perl-DBD-Pg-2.8.1-1.el5.rf
perl-Spreadsheet-WriteExcel-2.24-1.el5.rf
perl-GSSAPI-0.26-1.el5.rf
perl-Parse-RecDescent-1.94-1.el5.rf
perl-Inline-0.44-1.el5.rf
perl-Class-Accessor-0.31-1.el5.rf
perl-BSD-Resource-1.2901-1.el5.rf
perl-PlRPC-0.2020-1.el5.rf
perl-Socket6-0.20-1.el5.rf
perl-MailTools-2.03-1.el5.rf
perl-SOAP-Lite-0.710.08-1.el5.rf
perl-XML-SAX-0.16-1.el5.rf
perl-Log-Agent-0.307-1.el5.rf
perl-Crypt-DES-2.05-3.2.el5.rf
perl-Net-Daemon-0.43-1.el5.rf
perl-HTML-Parser-3.56-1.el5.rf
perl-MIME-Lite-3.021-1.el5.rf
perl-XML-Stream-1.22-1.2.el5.rf
perl-libwww-perl-5.805-1.1.1
perl-XML-Parser-2.36-1.el5.rf
perl-XML-LibXML-1.58-5
perl-Inline-Struct-0.06-1.2.el5.rf
perl-HTML-Template-2.9-1.el5.rf
perl-Exporter-Lite-0.02-1.el5.rf
perl-UNIVERSAL-require-0.11-1.el5.rf
perl-IO-Socket-SSL-1.13-1.el5.rf
perl-URI-1.35-3
perl-Net-SNMP-5.2.0-1.2.el5.rf
perl-OLE-Storage_Lite-0.17-1.el5.rf
perl-Compress-Zlib-1.42-1.fc6
perl-Unicode-Map-0.112-1.el5.rf
perl-IPC-Run-0.80-1.el5.rf
perl-String-CRC32-1.4-2.fc6
perl-Digest-HMAC-1.01-15
perl-version-0.74-1.el5.rf
perl-Net-SSLeay-1.32-1.el5.rf
perl-TimeDate-1.16-5.el5
perl-Net-Jabber-2.0-1.2.el5.rf
perl-XML-NamespaceSupport-1.09-1.2.1
perl-Carp-Assert-0.20-1.el5.rf
perl-XML-SAX-Expat-0.39-1.el5.rf
perl-Digest-SHA1-2.11-1.2.1
perl-HTML-Tagset-3.20-1.el5.rf
perl-Authen-SASL-2.11-1.el5.rf
perl-XML-LibXML-Common-0.13-8.2.2
perl-Inline-Filters-0.12-1.2.el5.rf
perl-Class-Data-Inheritable-0.08-1.el5.rf

One thing that install.pl failed to find was:
perl-XML-LibXSLT

I had to install this from the OME site.

I'm kind of stuck with how to get the database built. I don't know if
install.pl does that or not.

Good luck with your install, I'm not there yet either, but I do have a
login screen.

Kent

--
Kent L. Nasveschuk