[ome-users] Installing OME error: denied permission to change working directory to /OME/OMEIS

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 29 19:52:25 GMT 2008

Hi Sriram and Dani,

Unfortunately, I am not sure why you are seeing such an error message. Try
checking the user permissions on /OME/OMEIS. I believe it is supposed to
match the Apache user (maybe "httpd" depending on your system). The error
message indicates that for some reason the Apache user is unable to access
the OMEIS directory, though. You may need to "sudo chown -R httpd
/OME/OMEIS" or some such.

Sriram, in your case, the fact that you installed Apache manually instead of
using a package manager makes the OME installer's job more difficult. If you
could install Apache using your distribution's official package manager
instead, it might work better.

Alternately, you guys could try the OMERO server, which is currently under
active development and better supported than the legacy OME server.

-Curtis