[ome-users] bugs in insight 3.1.2

Bernhard Voigt bernhard.voigt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 15:43:54 GMT 2008

Dear Insight developers!

I've recently upgrade to Omero 3.1.1 and converted the database as described
on the trac pages.

I've noticed some odd behaviours concerning the comments panel within the
Insight client. This happens only to data that was upraded, up to now I
don't see the follwong issues for newly insert data.

It happens that the 'previous comments' link is not visible for items that
have multiple comments. It's there the first time, but when deselecting and
reselecting an item, it get's lost but than after deselecting and reselcting
a few time it appears again. Also the comment count is sometimes 0, although
there is a comment. I see a similar thing for newly created data, comments
appear for items that don't have a comment. It seems that the panel is not
updated correctly when switching between items. Only at the second change
the comment panel is updated.

I also had the problem once that the comments displayed were not those from
the selected item - unfortunately, I could not reproduce it.

I'm also often aksed whether I want to change the changes to the item, when
I switch to another one, although I didn't change anything. This happens for
almost all the old items from the upgrade.

I'm happy to file this to a bug-tracking system but I didn't find a page on
the trac system to submit issues.

Thanks! Bernhard