[ome-users] Beta 3.1.1 does not start

Alexandre Cunha cunha at caltech.edu
Fri Oct 17 02:52:32 BST 2008

Josh,

We finally managed to get the new version installed. NOTHING was wrong
with OMERO. It took us a while to find out that a nfs file was locking
for unknown reasons (maybe a redhat bug!) and apparently that prevented
the server to start normally. The problem has been fixed (or partially
fixed since we do still need to find out how to resolve the locking
problem). All mistakes are from our side, none from the omero code.

Thanks for the help and for making OMERO available.

One issue that is somehow of concern to our networking experts is why we
have to explicitly add

#A.B.C.D        omero-test.openmicroscopy.org.uk omero-test

in /etc/hosts, kind of hardcoding the omero-... names. Any comments on
the security of that ?

Cheers,
- Alex.