[ome-users] Beta 3.1.1 does not start

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Oct 14 20:52:19 BST 2008

Everyone,

Thanks for all the feedback on this. First and foremost, it's
important to say that nothing has happened to or is wrong with any of
your databases.  Alexandre's intuition was correct, the issue was with
Postgres versions and upgrading to 8.2+ would in fact solve this. As
Jason pointed out, we don't actively test on 8.1 or below, and so this
slipped through the crack. Our apologies.

However, it was possible to rewrite the upgrade to be backwards
compatible. You can download the new file at:

  https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/browser/trunk/sql/psql/OMERO3A__11/OMERO3A__5.sql?format=txt

While we're looking to expanding the number of tested configurations,
there'll always be a limit, so we'll be asking for feedback in the
near future. Those tests and the other build products are visible to
the community at:

   http://hudson.openmicroscopy.org.uk/

We will also be packaging a 3.1.2 server with the modified upgrade
script and a few other minor fixes soon.

Thanks again for all your support,
~Josh

P.S. for anyone who is interested, this was filed as:
https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/ticket/1108