[ome-users] Beta 3.1.1 does not start

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Tue Oct 14 12:09:41 BST 2008

Dear all,
inital testing of 3.0.1 were successful. Now upgraded to 3.1.1 and no
way to start the server.
OK, I was not able to upgrade the database due the SQL syntax error
(covered on another mail on the list).
I do not know if the hanging of the server during initialization is due
to the incomplete upgrade or not. But here it is.

The last line of the server log  is:

10:30:41,434 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from

If I try to connect using the WebAdmin interface, the message is:

Connection failure: Error creating bean with name 'init' defined in
class path resource [ome/client/spring.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to
bean 'managed-ome.api.ISession' while setting bean property
'sessionService'; nested exception is
bean with name 'managed-ome.api.ISession': FactoryBean threw exception
on object creation; nested exception is ome.client.OutOfService: Cannot
initialize service proxy

Thanks for your help!
                                          mario

--