[ome-users] OMERO.Editor feedback

Will Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Oct 9 10:17:10 BST 2008

Hi Karl,

  I'm afraid that drop-down menus aren't supported in table fields.
This would require a significant change to the data model and UI.
I'll make a ticket for the suggestion, but I'm afraid it won't be
very high priority just now (lots of other stuff to do).

For dates, I haven't made a Search-by-date feature, which is really
what you need.
You can browse saved files by date, using the Calendar. Go Menu >
Calendar > Show Calendar, or click the calendar icon in the tool bar.
This isn't quite as nice as a search, but hopefully it'll help. I'll
try and do a search by date as this has been requested by other users.

I'll also fix the printing so that it converts to a nice format. This
is just something I missed, since I added the date-time field after
working on printing.

Thanks for your feedback!

    Will.

On 7 Oct 2008, at 19:38, Johnson, Karl wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a couple questions on the Editor:
>
> First, I have imported a table into a omero.editor template for our
> sample results.  Is there a way to put drop down menus in the table
> fields?  I thought that I could simply put the same xml coding for
> dropdown on the template in the table fields but it doesn't look like
> that will be doable.  Any ideas?
>
> Second, How do you search for dates in the forms?  I see that the
> datetimefield is in UTCmillisecs.  Is there a way to make it
> searchable
> without knowing the millisecs?  Same with printing, is there a way to
> convert millisecs to data?
>
> Thanks
> Karl

William Moore
Division of Gene Regulation and Expression
College of Life Sciences
University of Dundee
Scotland
DD1 5PH