[ome-users] ZVI time information

Melissa Linkert linkert at wisc.edu
Mon May 26 20:33:52 BST 2008

Hi James,
The latest daily build of Bio-Formats (available at
http://loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html) should fix this problem.  If
timestamps are present in the file, they will be in the hashtable under the
key "Timestamp <n>", where <n> is the timepoint number indexed from 0.  Note
that this will only work for ZVI files - other formats store their
timestamps using different keys.

I don't how you are using Bio-Formats; if you are using it as a library
within your own application, then you should consider using the
MetadataStore API to retrieve timestamps.  Following is some example code:

MetadataStore store = MetadataTools.createOMEXMLMetadata();
ImageReader reader = new ImageReader();
reader.setMetadataStore(store);

reader.setId("/path/to/file");
MetadataRetrieve retrieve = (MetadataRetrieve) reader.getMetadataStore();

 // get the time when acquisition began, in "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss" format
String creationDate = retrieve.getImageCreationDate(0);

for (int plane=0; plane<reader.getImageCount(); plane++) {
  // get the timestamp for this plane
  // this is the time in milliseconds since acquisition began
  Float timestamp = retrieve.getPlaneTimingDeltaT(0, 0, plane);
}

Please let us know if you have any other questions, or if the latest daily
build does not work for you.

Regards,
-Melissa