[ome-users] Adding new users/experimenters

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Jan 29 08:50:09 GMT 2008

Matthias,

As Jason points out, OMERO.webadmin is the primary, supported,
user-land way of adding users. There's also a deprecated, but
sometimes useful, ant target: "java omero adduser"

For adding a user via the API use:

  Experimenter e = new Experimenter();
  e.setOmeName("somethingunique");
  e.setFirstName("anything");
  e.setLastName("anything");
  new ServiceFactory().getAdminService().createUser(e, "default");
  // where "default" should be some group name.

And finally, hashing passwords is easiest via the command-line:

PASS=`echo -n yourpassword | openssl md5 -binary | openssl base64`

though IAdmin has methods setting passwords as well.

Best wishes,
Josh.