[ome-users] OMERO.server and external connections

Sean Burke sburke at aecom.yu.edu
Fri Jan 25 17:49:58 GMT 2008

Hello all,
   I may be beating a dead horse here, but I am having trouble
making connections from remote omero clients on a new omero.server (most
recent version).  Local clients connect fine.  I have reviewed past
questions on this topic and have not found a working answer yet.

I'll summarize my setup and the attempts I have made to fix the issue.

OS:Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.23
postgres:8.2.6
omero:3.0-beta-2.3
firewall: iptables configured per OmeroSecurity

/etc/hostname (per OmeroTroubleshooting)
127.0.0.1       localhost
192.168.0.25    bactin.singerlab.local bactin

A local port scan and a scan from an external machine reveal the same
open ports: 4444, 5432, 8009, 8080

local.properties: no changes, default setup.

Should the database.host variable be adjusted to reflect the
non-localhost name?  My intuition tells me that this is a naming issue,
but using the ip address produces the same results.

As far as I can tell, the jBoss server is not getting the connection -
in other words, it is not getting the opportunity to deny the connection.

Thanks for the help!

Sean