[ome-users] Help with OME installation on Fedora Core 6, (mod_perl not configured error...)

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Wed Jan 23 17:25:18 GMT 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 4:41 AM, Jerome Avondo wrote:

> hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I tried rerunnig the installation script, but it still produces the
> same error. Im a bit stuck as out of ideas for what it could be...
> Ive copied the contents of my /var/tmp/ OME/install/
> ApacheConfigTask.log logfile at the end of this message. Had a look
> at it but to be honest couldnt spot anything....

Nope nothing very informative there.  Your server is generating a
server error when running that script (response is not "200 OK").
If you paste that script (as it appears in the logfile) into a file
called /OME/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl, then go to
  http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
in a browser, then everything runs OK?
If so, potentially the OME user-agent (based on libcurl) is not
configured correctly, but that normally gives an entirely different
error earlier in the process.

Perhaps there's something funky about your httpd.conf file?  Can you
send that to me as well as all the files in /OME/conf/ ?
Probably we should take this off-list.

Sorry for your troubles.  Honestly, we have a dozen boxes running FC
6 with nary a hiccup...
-I

> [...]
> Writing /OME/conf/httpd2.omeis-dev.conf
> Reading /OME/conf/httpd2.omeis.conf
> Writing /OME/conf/httpd2.omeis.conf
> Reading /OME/conf/httpd2.web-dev.conf
> Writing /OME/conf/httpd2.web-dev.conf
> Reading /OME/conf/httpd2.web.conf
> Writing /OME/conf/httpd2.web.conf
> Reading /OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf
> Writing /OME/conf/httpd.ome.conf
> Restarting Apache
> Executing /usr/sbin/apachectl restart
> Getting an OME::Util::cURL user agent
> Generated mod_perl test script:
> #!/usr/bin/perl -w
> use strict;
> use CGI qw/-no_xhtml/;
>
> my $CGI = CGI->new();
> print $CGI->header(-type => 'text/plain'),
>

> my ($key,$value);
> while ( ($key, $value) = each %ENV)
> {
>         print "$key = $value\n";
> }
>

> 1;
>
> Writing script to /OME/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
> Getting response from http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
> Apache/mod_perl is not properly configured.  Did not get a response
> from http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl.
> ----------

>> CC: ome-users at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk
>> From: igg at nih.gov
>> Subject: Re: [ome-users] Help with OME installation on Fedora Core
>> 6, (mod_perl not configured error...)
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:10:45 -0500
>> To: jeromeavondo at msn.com
>>
>> Hi Jerome
>> Fedora Core 6 is a supported platform and we use it for both of our
>> production servers (lab and department).  OS X is mainly used for
>> development.
>> It would be informative to look at the logfile in  /var/tmp/OME/
>> install/ApacheConfigTask.log
>>
>> Although somehow, you were able to run this manually,
>> http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
>>
>> When the installation script tried to run it, it produced an error
>> (i.e. the server responded with something other than a 200 response
>> code).  The logfile should have more details.
>> You might just try running the installer again - possibly there were
>> some things that didn't "take" the first time.  The fact that you
>> were able to run the test script manually indicates that the system
>> was configured correctly.
>>
>> We've had very little trouble installing this on "stock" Fedora Core
>> OSes.
>> If re-running the installer doesn't work, please send the /var/tmp/
>> OME/install/ApacheConfigTask.log logfile.
>>
>> Also, you should change the server name to something other than
>> localhost.  This will cause your OME system to work only locally
>> (i.e. the images, etc will not appear on any other client).
>>
>> -Ilya
>>

>> On Jan 22, 2008, at 5:12 AM, Jerome Avondo wrote:
>>

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> Dont know if this helps but tried running the following below
>>> manually, once apache is started, and the script "seems" to work.

>>> SERVER_NAME = localhost
>>> SERVER_ADMIN = root at localhost
>>> HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING = gzip,deflate
>>> HTTP_CONNECTION = keep-alive
>>> REQUEST_METHOD = GET
>>> HTTP_ACCEPT = text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/
>>> html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
>>> SCRIPT_FILENAME = /OME/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
>>> SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)
>>> HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET = ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
>>> QUERY_STRING =
>>> REMOTE_PORT = 59930
>>> HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:
>>> 1.8.0.7) Gecko/20061011 Fedora/1.5.0.7-7.fc6 Firefox/1.5.0.7
>>> SERVER_PORT = 80
>>> SERVER_SIGNATURE = Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80
>>>
>>> HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = en-us,en;q=0.5
>>> REMOTE_ADDR = 127.0.0.1
>>> HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE = 300
>>> SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.1
>>> PATH = /usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/:/sw/bin/
>>> MOD_PERL_API_VERSION = 2
>>> REQUEST_URI = /perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
>>> GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
>>> SERVER_ADDR = 127.0.0.1
>>> DOCUMENT_ROOT = /var/www/html
>>> HTTP_HOST = localhost