[ome-users] Help with OME installation on Fedora Core 6, (mod_perl not configured error...)

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 10:12:27 GMT 2008

hi,

Dont know if this helps but tried running the following below manually, once apache is started, and the script "seems" to work.

http://localhost/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl

I get the following output:

SCRIPT_NAME = /perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
SERVER_NAME = localhost
SERVER_ADMIN = root at localhost
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING = gzip,deflate
HTTP_CONNECTION = keep-alive
REQUEST_METHOD = GET
HTTP_ACCEPT = text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
SCRIPT_FILENAME = /OME/perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
SERVER_SOFTWARE = Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora)
HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET = ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
QUERY_STRING =
REMOTE_PORT = 59930
HTTP_USER_AGENT = Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20061011 Fedora/1.5.0.7-7.fc6 Firefox/1.5.0.7
SERVER_PORT = 80
SERVER_SIGNATURE = Apache/2.2.6 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE = en-us,en;q=0.5
REMOTE_ADDR = 127.0.0.1
HTTP_KEEP_ALIVE = 300
SERVER_PROTOCOL = HTTP/1.1
PATH = /usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin/:/sw/bin/
MOD_PERL_API_VERSION = 2
REQUEST_URI = /perl2/mod_perl_test.pl
GATEWAY_INTERFACE = CGI/1.1
SERVER_ADDR = 127.0.0.1
DOCUMENT_ROOT = /var/www/html
HTTP_HOST = localhost
MOD_PERL = mod_perl/2.0.2

Also when I try and start/restart apache I get the following warning message:
" [warn] The ScriptAlias directive in /OME/conf/httpd2.omeis.conf at line 2 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias."

Also found a previous OME-USERS thread with similar symptoms too but wasnt much help, as it seems the user was running an old install.pl script... http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-users/2005-July/000068.html

Well Im a bit stuck, if any expert has any suggestions/pointers, would be very greatful...
Regards,

J.