[ome-users] Bioformats works only outside OME

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Fri Jan 11 10:31:45 GMT 2008

I'm still stuck at the image importing step...

1) Moved to OME 2.6.1 on Mac (here I'm administrator, so I can experiment)
2) installed latest loci_tools.jar under /OME/java
3) downloaded bftools, unpacked and added the same loci_tools.jar ar OME in the resulting
directory
3) tried bfview with TIFF, LIF, LSM, STK, LIFF files. Everything works. Only TIFF with
character encoding Mac cannot be visualized, but this is another problem.
3) tried to import the same files in OME, only the tiff files are imported.
Seems like OME is using some old import method, but no other copy of loci_tools.jar is
anywhere on the machine.
Help!
	mario

--