[ome-users] question about image format conversion

Linda Sperling linda.sperling at cgm.cnrs-gif.fr
Wed Jan 9 13:48:11 GMT 2008

Hello,

I am testing OME server with the intention of using it to manage
image data, mostly acquired in MetaMorph TIFF format (which puts the
metadata into tags that I guess are not standard).

It seems that I cannot import this format into the OME data server
(using the web interface -- haven't tried command line import)
without losing the metadata. Idem for metamorph STK format. Am I
doing something wrong?

If not, is there a work around? For example, is there a tool for
doing command-line conversion before import?

Thanks,

Linda Sperling
Centre de Génétique Moléculaire
CNRS