[ome-users] Image J Login Problem

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Jan 9 01:48:47 GMT 2008

Hi everyone,

I heard back from Dennis that he solved the ImageJ login problem with
his OME server. The issue was that the RedHat Linux 4 installation has
enabled an auto-update feature that had upgraded Apache to v2, but
mod_perl only partially.

According to Dennis: "It did not update the API in mod perl because
the auto updater cannot update mod perl from v1.5 (my old version) to
v2.x. After I corrected this I was able to connect to OME with Image
J.  I am surprised that mod perl worked at all under this condition
but it appeared to function well enough to pass the test(s) that OME
performed when installed."

I am posting this information to the list in case anyone else has a
similar issue and searches the archives for a solution.

-Curtis