[ome-users] OMERO versions

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 09:47:49 GMT 2008

(CCing list on reply)

Mikhail Kovtun writes:
 > Josh,
 >
 > As I understood from your reply, the version in the trunk is workable --
 > in this case, I would like to try it. (Does "yellow" mean that there is
 > no syntax errors but some tests fail?)

Exactly. Yellow means that there are failing tests, which at the
moment is no surprise since we are waiting on a new server for our
integration tests.

 > What do you think is better -- do build myself or download binaries?
 > (Are binaries in
 > http://warlock.openmicroscopy.org.uk:5555/job/OMERO/ws/trunk/dist ?)

The binaries are now zipped and archived by Hudson. See
http://warlock.openmicroscopy.org.uk:5555/job/OMERO/lastSuccessfulBuild/

 > I would prefer to do build myself -- it gives me more flexibility in
 > rolling back changes and more possibilities to learn OMERO code. Do you
 > have any document describing build process (what components should be
 > installed on the system, what environmental variables should be set, etc.)?

Sure. See
https://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/wiki/OmeroContributing
for information on building from source.

 > Who is the best person to address questions regarding OMERO.Editor?
 > After playing a bit with it, I have a number of questions and comments.

Mikhail meet Will Moore. Will meet Mikhail.

 > Best regards,
 > Mikhail Kovtun

Cheers,
Josh.