[ome-users] Startup scripts

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 14:19:48 GMT 2008

Hi Matthias,

Have you looked at the bin/shutdown.sh script under jboss/bin? It
typically does what you want:

./shutdown.sh -h
A JMX client to shutdown (exit or halt) a remote JBoss server.

usage: shutdown [options] <operation>

    -h, --help                Show this help message (default)
    -D<name>[=<value>]        Set a system property
    --                        Stop processing options
    -s, --server=<url>        Specify the JNDI URL of the remote server
    -n, --serverName=<url>    Specify the JMX name of the ServerImpl
    -a, --adapter=<name>      Specify JNDI name of the MBeanServerConnection to use
    -u, --user=<name>         Specify the username for authentication
    -p, --password=<name>     Specify the password for authentication

operations:
    -S, --shutdown            Shutdown the server
    -e, --exit=<code>         Force the VM to exit with a status code
    -H, --halt=<code>         Force the VM to halt with a status code

~Josh