[ome-users] Connecting to the image server through PHP.

Kasthuri Srinivasan Kannan kasthurisrinivasan at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 23 02:02:46 GMT 2008

Dear Curtis:

I thank you so much for the inputs. Actually, I was able to read in the images using PHP. First, I tried to execute the command line interface available in OME (curl) using 'shell_exec()', 'system()' and 'exec()' system calls available in PHP. I also tried 'wget'. Unfortunately none of them worked. There is a curl library for PHP. I didn't try that out. But, the 'http' interface in OME was helpful. I now directly point to my image source through the 'http' directive which creates the image and displays it on the browser. I am still not sure how one can save the images to the system (using PHP script) to retrieve it back (either to the browser or as a file).

Thanks.
Kasthuri.

P.S: In retrospect, I think the ./OMEIS executable should be helpful for creating and saving the image file through PHP - need to try that out...