[ome-users] Further questions about broken server

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 09:18:05 GMT 2008

Hi Glenn-

Thanks for this-- good to hear you are up and running.

Anybody else out there had similar problems to Glenn?

Let's follow this up off-line, maybe with a phone call-- in general,
we've had good feedback on the .dmg's, and this is the first such
problem we've heard of, but maybe we missed something or can improve
the docs.

Cheers,

Jason

On 12 Feb 2008, at 04:43, Glenn Murray wrote:

> Hi Sean,
>
> Well, I finally did give up on the jboss/ in omero-3.0-Beta2.3.dmg
> package
> and switched to omero-3.0-Beta2.3-1.tar.bz2, using the PostgreSQL
> from the
> .dmg setup.  It worked immediately.
>
> For the post-mortem, I think I was seduced by the .dmg package,
> thinking
> it would do everything---I wouldn't have had this trouble running on
> Linux.  I do believe that the final message pane on the .dmg
> installation
> is entirely misleading in suggesting that at that point one can start
> using the WebAdmin---it is still necessary to go through the steps
> in the
> UNIX install howto.  I also believe the jboss installation it puts
> into
> /usr/local is broken.
>
> I didn't have any problem with the clients, very nice.
>
> My thanks to you and Jason for your help.
>
> Cheers,
> Glenn
>
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Sean Burke wrote:
>> Glen,
>>  Start over.

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street