[ome-users] Further questions about broken server

Glenn Murray gmurray at mines.edu
Tue Feb 12 04:43:24 GMT 2008

Hi Sean,

Well, I finally did give up on the jboss/ in omero-3.0-Beta2.3.dmg package
and switched to omero-3.0-Beta2.3-1.tar.bz2, using the PostgreSQL from the
.dmg setup.  It worked immediately.

For the post-mortem, I think I was seduced by the .dmg package, thinking
it would do everything---I wouldn't have had this trouble running on
Linux.  I do believe that the final message pane on the .dmg installation
is entirely misleading in suggesting that at that point one can start
using the WebAdmin---it is still necessary to go through the steps in the
UNIX install howto.  I also believe the jboss installation it puts into
/usr/local is broken.

I didn't have any problem with the clients, very nice.

My thanks to you and Jason for your help.

Cheers,
Glenn