[ome-users] Trouble accessing OMERO server on Mac

Glenn Murray gmurray at mines.edu
Fri Feb 8 17:14:52 GMT 2008

Hi,

I shut down JBoss with /usr/local/jboss/bin//usr/local/jboss/bin/shutdown.sh
and the tried to restart it with  /usr/local/jboss/bin/run.sh.  The server
log contains

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused. Check
that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is
accepting TCP/IP connections.

so I'm guessing that run.sh doesn't start PostgreSQL.  So how do I restart
the database?  I can't find a pg_ctl anywhere.

So, I tried reinstalling the server.  It immediately dumps out a 10M log
file in /usr/local/jboss/server/default/log/server.log (tail -f is not
your friend here).  I did find

  exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for:
ome.services.icy.fire.BasicSecurityWiring
Caused by:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: ome.services.icy.fire.BasicSecurityWiring
         at org.jboss.mx.loading.LoadMgr3.beginLoadTask(LoadMgr3.java:306)
         at org.jboss.mx.loading.RepositoryClassLoader.loadClassImpl(RepositoryClassLoader.java:514)

and

org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; -
nested throwable: (org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Connection refused.
Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is
accepting TCP/IP connections.)
         at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory.createManagedConnection(LocalManagedConnectionFactory.java:179)
         at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool.createConnectionEventListener(Intern

Now looking at the WebAdmin log shows

  [08-02-08 10:11:03,250]  WARN - Msg: Could not load properties from class
path resource [local.properties]: class path resource [local.properties]
cannot be opened because it does not exist Filename:
PropertiesLoaderSupport.java; Method name:  loadProperties Line number:
195
  [08-02-08 10:11:03,260]  INFO - Msg: Pre-instantiating

so perhaps there is more than one thing going wrong here?

Thanks,
Glenn