[ome-users] Regarding OME Server Configuration

Nandakumar, Sriramkumar sriramkumar at uky.edu
Tue Aug 26 16:42:33 BST 2008

Hi,

We are planning to install OME Server in our lab.

Please find our requirements below,

1) Data Involvement

For text data, it will be less than 10GB.
For Imaging data, it will be more than 1TB.

2) What kind of visualization and processing?

We are thinking of using ImageScope or OME viewer (does OME provide any viewer?)

3) How many users are going to use the system?

 20 concurrent users.

We have planned for the following hardware configuration,

Processor:  Quad Core Intel® Xeon® Processor E5440 (3,16GHz,2X6M L2,1333)
RAM :     8GB, DDR2 SDRAM FBD Memory, 667MHz, ECC (4 DIMMS)
Graphic Cards:    512MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX1700, Dual Monitor DVI Capable
Hard Drive Configuration:  C1 All SATA drives, Non-RAID, 1 drive total configuration
Boot Hard Drive:   1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s,7200 RPM Hard Drive with 16MB DataBurst Cache™

Our Software Configuration:

OS:  Fedora Core 6

It could be really helpful if you can clarify these doubts,

1)      Which version of Fedora Core is better for OME Server? (Fedora core 6 or 9)
2)      What are the necessary software’s required before installing OME Server? (Like Perl interpreter, PostgreSQL , Apache, mod_perl, Java Virtual Machine, etc)
3)      We are planning to do project for next 5 years. Will the above Processor/RAM/Hard drive configuration is sufficient?

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
Sriram