[ome-users] missing dependencies

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Fri Apr 25 21:49:30 BST 2008

Bernd Jagla wrote:
> Chris, and others,

Hi Bernd, missed this e-mail in my INBOX somehow, sorry for the delay.

> Ok, I stepped back a bit and am now trying to install omero-3.0-Beta2.3
> on Windows using the installation procedure described on the wiki page.
> I am using Java 1.5-15 and PostgreSQL 8.3.

Cool.

> I am getting the following warning/error on the JBOSS console when using
> "root/omero" to log in to http://localhost:8080/WebAdmin/
>

> 13:32:19,218 INFO  [HbmBinder] Mapping collection:
> ome.model.containers.Dataset.annotations -> datasetannotation
>
> 13:32:19,578 INFO  [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection
> provider:
> org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider
>
> 13:32:19,609 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while
> attempting to get a new connection: null
>
> org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection;
> - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException:
> Apparently wrong driver class specified for URL: class:
> org.postgresql.Driver, url: jdbc:postgresql://localhost/omero3)
>
> When I look at the PostgreSQL log I can't see any evidence that a
> contact has been made.

There's a bug in JBoss that causes this error to pop up in the log, it's
innocuous, you can ignore it.

> I verified that omero3 exists and the PostgreSQL log shows no problem
> with the initial creation of the tables.
>

> I checked, an experimenter called root is available, the password is not
> verifiable.
>

> The web-page tells me: Invalid Login Params: Authentication failure
>

> Could you please point me to a direction where I can look next?

Two things:

1) Try and run JBoss with the -b 0.0.0.0 arguments like so:

run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

2) Check your password table and ensure that the hash for
experimenter_id 0 is:

LSjpGNDDKH/7iZyIwB8OTA==

> Thanks,
>

> Bernd