[ome-users] missing dependencies

Bernd Jagla baj2107 at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:51:41 BST 2008

Chris, and others,

Ok, I stepped back a bit and am now trying to install omero-3.0-Beta2.3 on
Windows using the installation procedure described on the wiki page. I am
using Java 1.5-15 and PostgreSQL 8.3.

I am getting the following warning/error on the JBOSS console when using
"root/omero" to log in to http://localhost:8080/WebAdmin/

13:32:19,218 INFO  [HbmBinder] Mapping collection:
ome.model.containers.Dataset.annotations -> datasetannotation

13:32:19,578 INFO  [ConnectionProviderFactory] Initializing connection
provider:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider

13:32:19,609 WARN  [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Throwable while attempting
to get a new connection: null

org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; -
nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently
wrong driver class specified for URL: class: org.postgresql.Driver, url:
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/omero3)

When I look at the PostgreSQL log I can't see any evidence that a contact
has been made.

I verified that omero3 exists and the PostgreSQL log shows no problem with
the initial creation of the tables.

I checked, an experimenter called root is available, the password is not
verifiable.

The web-page tells me: Invalid Login Params: Authentication failure

Could you please point me to a direction where I can look next?

Thanks,

Bernd