[ome-users] 2GB image file size limit in 32-bit OME ?

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Fri Sep 28 20:16:44 BST 2007

Hi Othmar,

I am not sure what the cause of such limitations is, but the impending
release of OME 2.6.1 uses Bio-Formats to import data rather than the
old-school importers written in Perl, and Bio-Formats supports files
larger than 2 GB in size. So it's possible this problem will go away
with the 2.6.1 release (I haven't tested it). Perhaps one of the
Baltimore developers can comment further.

Your best bet is probably just to give it a try and see what happens. ;-)

-Curtis