[ome-users] OME ImageJ problem

Melissa Linkert linkert at wisc.edu
Wed May 30 20:11:20 BST 2007

Hi Juhui,

I'm sorry to hear that the OME plugin still doesn't work.  Unfortunately, I
haven't been able to reproduce these problems using the latest version.

>     I would like to upload a test image provided by OME
> >     (tubhistwt_C2.tiff)
> >     into OME server with imageJ, but failed.   The error message is :
> >
> >     >>upload failed
> >     >>loci.formats.FormatException:Failed to create thumbail

First of all, which version of tubhiswt_C2.tiff are you working with?  As
far as I know, there is a 2D version (a single 512x512 plane), and a 3D
version (20 512x512 planes).  How are you opening this file?  If you are
using the Bio-Formats importer, which options are checked?

>     Also, I fail to download images from OME and the errors are:
> >
> >     > An exception has occurred:
> >     org.openmicroscopy.is.ImageServerException: hostname

Does this error occur immediately after logging in?

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,
-Melissa