[ome-users] How do you display multiple-Z multiple-T images?

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Mon May 14 18:40:24 BST 2007

Usually, clicking the lower right corner opens a pop-up winder
containing an image viewer with a sliders for z & t sections. What
browser are you using? The sliders don't appear for me when I use
firefox with out-of-the-box setting. To get firefox to work, I had to
follow these instructions:

1.  Get the latest Adobe SVG viewer:
http://www.adobe.com/svg/viewer/install/main.html

2.  Turn internal SVG support OFF:
type about:config into the URL bar, then type svg.enabled into the
Filter field. When you double click on the pref you will see its
value toggle from true to false, turning the native SVG support on/
off.  False is what you want.

If you have a new intel-based Mac, you'll also need to do a final step:
3. Make firefox run in Rosetta mode:
Right click (or control+click) on the firefox application, and click
"Get Info". Check "Open using Rosetta", and restart Firefox. Adobe's
plugin should now work. You can test it on one of the examples on
Adobe's website: http://www.adobe.com/svg/demos/cml2svg/html/index.html

The image viewer is based on Scalar Vector Graphics (SVG) technology.
Some folks at UCSB have developed a pure-html image viewer for their
custom web interface, but it hasn't made it back into the main code
base. :[

-josiah