[ome-users] Install fails at importing bootstrap XML

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Mar 26 22:34:02 BST 2007

Can you forward what's in /var/tmp/OME/install/
CoreDatabaseTablesTask.log?
I'm not sure why you're using localhost.localdomain.  Why not just
"localhost"?
This may be the source of your problem - you're getting an error the
first time you try to connect to the image server (which is used to
store+import the InstallationModule OME-XML file).

I think you should use "localhost" (without the quotes) instead of
localhost.localdomain.

localhost is about the worst thing to use because you can't use a
remote computer with OME at all.  An IP is better if its stable.  If
its a LAN, then there's no reason not to have a stable IP.  You can
put this stable IP and hostname in a remote computer's /etc/hosts
file, and work this way without any DNS services.
Many DHCP servers come with DNS servers, so they will resolve a DHCP
client ID on your local domain.
Or you can use a .local domain if you have ZeroConf/Rendezvous/
Bonjour (freely available for unixes/Macs/Windows).

-Ilya