[ome-users] Usage Issue. Importing images.

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Jun 18 16:29:57 BST 2007

I need some more context for your error.  We import thousands of tiff
files per week into OME without error, so this code is well excercised.
What were you doing when you encountered the error - a full backtrace
would be handy, and it may be in your Apache log.

Are you using OME from CVS or from the 2.6.0 release?
The line in question fails because somehow the Repository reference
for the Pixels you were accessing was undefined.  The Repository is
what the OMEIS class is called in OME.  There is very little chance
for this reference to be set to NULL in Pixels (though the database
allows it, unfortunately).  We have several 100,000 images in our OME
DB without a single NULL Repository reference.  Were you doing manual
edits to your OMEIS/Repositories/Pixels by any chance?  Is this
limited to a single image, or are you getting these errors throughout?

-Ilya