[ome-users] More matlab questions

Tom Macura macurato at grc.nia.nih.gov
Fri Feb 23 14:13:35 GMT 2007

Hi Brian,

Sorry we haven't been able to reply to your email. I've been swamped
trying to get a paper out. Once it's published all your MATLAB/OME
problems will go away because everything will be revealed!

It will be best if you send me the complete XML files rather than
posting snippets. Ideally I would like the ST, Module, and Chain XML
files and including MATLAB scripts. This would help me give your
better advice. Now I am forced to speculate.

Are you sure that you want two outputs BinaryPixels and BinaryTag of
the same Semantic Type? Isn't BinaryTag basically a string?

I think the Module's Formal Outputs should look like this:

<Declaration>
	<FormalInput Name="Pixels" SemanticTypeName="Pixels" Count="!"/>
	<FormalOutput Name="BinaryPixels with Tag"
SemanticTypeName="PixelSet" Count="!"/>
  </Declaration>

with Execution Instructions:

<FunctionInputs>
	<Input><PixelsArray FormalInput="Pixels"/></Input>
</FunctionInputs>
<FunctionOutputs>
          <Output><PixelsArray FormalOutput="BinaryPixels with Tag"
ConvertToDatatype="uint16"/></Output>
          <Output><Scalar OutputLocation="BinaryPixels with Tag.Tag"/
 ></Output>
  </FunctionOutputs>

This way Tags will travel along with the Pixels.

Tom