[ome-users] Matlab Integration

Brian Ruttenberg berutten at cs.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 12 22:18:03 GMT 2007

Hi, I'm currently trying to integrate a matlab analysis module into OME
and I'm running into some trouble.  This module has been integrated
before, so the errors  I'm getting are quite perplexing...

ome:   Executing!
         1/55: [IN PROGRESS] Currently Executing `BinaryImage`
ome: Could not find utility library, using the engine instead.
        Error message: Can't locate OME/Matlab/Lib/Utility.pm in @INC
(@INC contains: /OME/Inline/lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8
/usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
(eval 686) line 2, <STDIN> line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 686) line 2, <STDIN> line 3.

ome: Matlab src dir is /bioimage/ome/src/matlab
ome: Matlab exec is /usr/share/matlab_2006/bin/matlab
ome:       Error during execution: :1: namespace error : Namespace
prefix xsi for schemaLocation on ExecutionInstructions is not defined
chemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd"

^
 at /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8/OME/Analysis/Handlers/MatlabHandler.pm
line 230

The second error, about the namespace, is being reported my OME as the
reason why this Analysis Execution failed.  The execution instructions
declaration is the same as the one given in the matlab example, like:

<ExecutionInstructions ExecutionGranularity="I"
xmlns="http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/XMLschemas/MLI/IR2/MLI.xsd">

  Does anyone have any idea where I could be going wrong here?  I've
been banging my head on this for a couple of days but to no avail.