[ome-users] 2007 OME European Users Mtg

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Feb 8 14:02:19 GMT 2007

Hi-

The OME project is pleased to announce the next OME European Users
Meeting, to be held at the Institut Pasteur, March 29/30, 2007.
Spencer Shorte, the Director of the Plateforme d'Imagerie Dynamique
at the Institut Pasteur has kindly agreed to host the meeting.

A draft meeting programme will appear on the OME website (http://
openmicroscopy.org) in the next couple of days.  For the moment, we
will start the morning of March 29 with presentations of newly
released software, including the new OME Server2.6.0 (http://
cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk), the new Java-based OMERO Server and its
clients (see http://openmicroscopy.org/software/), the OME file
formats and libraries (http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/formats.html &
http://www.loci.wisc.edu/ome/ome-tiff-spec.html), and our efforts to
drive usability of our tools (http://www.usableimage.com).  We will
also have presentations from other groups who are developing new
image analysis/management software.  March 30 will focus on defining
goals for critical functionality for OME and other tools.

If you are interested in attending , please send your name,
institution, and contact details to:

Mme Christiane PACAUD (the Imagopole Administrative Assistant),
chrispac at pasteur.fr

It will help us if you tell us when you will be arriving and leaving
Paris (to organise airport/train transport, if possible-- no
guarantees, but we will try).

Any requests for presentations or other programme issues can be
addressed to myself and Spencer.

We regret we have no funds to pay for travel or accommodation of
participants, but we will cover breakfast and lunch during the meeting.

See you in Paris!

Cheers,

Jason

**************************