[ome-users] help!

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Sep 8 13:19:38 BST 2006

Hi Albert-

Thanks for your interest in OME..

OME runs as a client-server application (see http://
openmicroscopy.org/system-overview/  and http://
www.openmicroscopy.org/getting-started/ for more info).  Thus you'll
need to download the OME server (see http://
cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/), populate it with images  (your own) and
then evaluate its functionality.  We don't maintain public servers
with data on them (too risky).

OME provides two different user interfaces-- a web UI and a Java
remote client.  The web UI has more functionality, including image
import and also the FindSpots application you are interested in.  If
the functionality described in the Biotechniques paper is what
interests you, then use the web UI.

Note that we are nearing a new release.  The latest release
candidates are available and are being tested by many groups-- so far
things are working pretty well:

Generic Linux:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/snapshots/ome-2.6.0-rc3.tar.gz
OS-X installer:
http://cvs.openmicroscopy.org.uk/snapshots/osx/ome-installer-2.6.0-
rc3.dmg
(note:  Intel/Mac testers needed! This will install native libraries
and OME for both architectures)

Note that these install the web UI functionality as well-- all you'll
need to do is point your web browser to the server.

Hope that helps.  If you have any problems with the install, do let
us know.

Cheers,

Jason

On 8 Sep 2006, at 09:59, albert sanchez wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to evaluate the Findspots published on the Biotecnniques 41
> (2006) paper.
> I installed the JavaUser Interface (generic) 2.4.0 but when I want
> to run it, I need a login user and pass.
> How and where can I find it?
>
> Is it my procedure correct?
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Albert Sanchez