[ome-users] Apache2/Mod_Perl Troubles with OME Install

Guenter Resch guenter.resch at imba.oeaw.ac.at
Wed Jun 28 19:21:25 BST 2006

Hi Ilya,

> It appears that you are installing OME from the root user's home
> directory, which will not work:
> http://www.openmicroscopy.org/install/before.html

you're right ... may I just suggest to add - for idiots such as myself -
a warning that after downloading and untarring the file as a standard
user as described one should NOT mv it to ~root?

> To get the CVS version as a regular user
> in a regular user's directory:

I was a bit sceptical trying the CVS because it will work in a
production environment ... however, as it is close to be released as
stable, I decided to give it a try and upgrade then.

Howver, I could not access CVS as our beloved firewall does not allow
port 2401 (cc to IT guys), but I fetched the current.tar.gz package
which is of today. I need to say the install went a bit smoother than
2.4.0 ... and it succeeded! So now, ...

> It does appear that your Apache2/mod_perl1.99 combo is
> working on Debian, which is good news, but lets make sure it gets all
> the way through before celebrating.

... I just logged into OME and as far as I can judge, everything looks
fine ... is there anything specific that I can do to test if
mod_perl1.99 is working fine for me?

Thanks,

	Guenter