[ome-users] Image Upload and Java API

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Fri Jul 28 05:28:25 BST 2006

Hi Nick
The file-upload part of image import is done with a separate call to
the image server's UploadFile method.
I dug around in OME-Java for a bit, and found
org.openmicroscopy.is.HttpImageServer.
I would set its URL to what's returned by getDefaultRepository
Then call UploadFile for each file you want to upload, getting File IDs.
Then call importFiles or startImport to import them.

There is a reflection of the startImport call in OME-Java (which
needs a little fixing), but I didn't write up java skins for the new
xmlrpc import calls.  I did start up some documentation for the
remote API, but it obviously needs a lot more:
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/api/remote/ref/getDefaultRepository.html

-Ilya